A pair of mid 1950's leather 3 seater "Howard " sofas by Lenygon & Morant of London, with square tapering legs with brass caps and castors, original oxblood leather upholstery, numbered 4946 and 4947 respectively.
Each labelled underneath: LENYGON & MORANT LTD. MAKERS OF HOWARD CHAIRS & SETTEES 48 SOUTH AUDLEY ST. LONDON W.1.
Lenygon & Morant were an interior decorating company of 31 Old Burlington Street, London, established by Francis Henry Lenygon (1877-1943). The firm, held the Royal Warrant, In the 1920's were employed by the Cunard Line to fit out their transatlantic liners. In the mid 1930's Lenygon & Morant took over Howard & Sons. in the 1950's Lenygon & Morant moved to South Audley Street.