A fine early 18th century Third Period winged brass lantern clock by this famous clockmaker. The maker’s signature is engraved to the dial centre below XII, the rest of the centre being filled with very fine foliate engraving. The floral and foliate frets are engraved to the front and plain at the sides and are typical of the Third Period along with the pierced 'leaves' at the top of the bell strap. The well shaped hand is probably original as are the bell strap and finial. The original crown wheel verge escapement has a centre swinging pendulum with anchor shaped bob which swings centrally into the wings and there is a steel hoop and two backplate spurs for hanging the clock from the wall. Circa 1700.